Restrict a page from an Administrator?

John Sweetwood December 3, 2012

Is it possible to restrict viewing a page for a Confluence Administrator?

5 answers

1 vote
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

Hi there,

As describe by Ole, it is not possible for you to retrict a meber of confluence-administrators group to access the page. Mentioned by our documentation here, member of confluence-administrators group is a super user which will bypass any space permission.

However, if a page is restricted, the member of this group won't be able to access the page (hidden) without knowing the direct URL to the page as describe here.

Hope it clarify your doubts.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

great. thank you!

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

Not a problem, it is my pleasure :)

John Sweetwood December 4, 2012

Coming back to this, there was a Space that was restricted to certain people not including, and this space was still visible to me as an administrator on the Dashboard.

1 vote
Ole Kristensen December 3, 2012

For => yes

From => no

Please elaborate on what you're trying to achieve?

The purpose of this view restriction is for only HR to see these pages that consist of HR information.

Like Deleted user likes this
0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2012

users inside the group confluence-administrators will bypass any space permissions i guess...

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2012

Yes, you just need to go to this page, and then Browse > Space Admin (You need to be an Admin of the Space) > Permissions, and just give to you the individual permission. That way only you will have access to that page.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

WZ

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2012

users in the group "confluence-administrators" will always see everything...

restrictions always do include the persons/groups you set. admins will bypass this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events