Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Task Completion Click

Jack Ashcroft October 31, 2018

Is there a way in which when a user is set a task then only that user can click it's completion? Currently any other user is able to click it and mark it as done. This is for confluence cloud.

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2018

Hello Jack,

This is a great question about restricting tasks within a confluence page to an “assigned” user complete (without interference from others).

By default, Confluence will anyone who has permissions to view or edit the page to then mark the task as completed (regardless if they are “assigned” as the @mentioned user). While in the case you stated this is not desired, this is how the product has been designed.

With this said, there are additional product that can give you an assigned task which only the assigned are allowed to completed. For that list of products, you can visit the following page to see them, Add, Assign, and View Tasks.

I hope this answers your question about assigned tasks.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

KaCee Bunn-Smith September 11, 2019

I know this thread is a few months old now, but I am encountering the same issue, and the linked page has nothing to do with locking down task completion in any way. Just an overview of tasks in general.

Sharon Meyler October 21, 2019

We would also like to restrict the task completion to the assignee. Is there a bug or feature request open on this question that we can vote for?

Amit Agrawal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 19, 2023

I want this to track approvals. I've a table where rows are for various tasks and columns are for stakeholders. Need is to enable each stakeholder to tick/check that they have approved; which needs this feature.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events