Restore same name pages from trash should not overwrite the existing page

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

I understand that I have 2 options when restoring pages from the trash, but the space administrator is not as familiar with Confluence as the system administrator.

I also found a similar requirement and was rejected, but I think this is a system bug and should be fixed.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-32117

For DC users, I can only find the information by restoring the complete database from the backup.

Just like when I created a new page, the system asked me whether to overwrite the original page. After selecting Yes, the original page history is gone, and there is no trash; it feels more appropriate to rename it by default here, at least one The process of buffering.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2021

@Ollie Guan 

I agree that this is an issue and we see a lot of issues on it in the community.  I would suggest submitting a new enhancement request as the one you linked is really old.  Maybe instead of suggesting a core architectural change suggest that the have a warning or dialog box prompt letting users know what they are about to do.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events