Restore a space

Richard S May 10, 2012

I'm in the middle of evaluating Confluence (via on demand trial) for my company, and one of the key requirements is to set up a project structure within a space that can act as a template.

The only way I can see of doing this at the moment is to backup the space, manually edit the XML and then restore the space.

This should work fine, however as I am not a system administrator, I can not get to the option to restore a space.

Some ideas / help would be really appreciated. =)

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bastiaan Jansen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 10, 2012

Hi Steve,

You do not need to be the system administrator, a normal administrator is enough to get to the space import tool. If you browse to the admin page => wiki tab => configuration => Import Spaces

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Richard S May 10, 2012

Many thanks - works a treat. =)

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2012

Without doing some manipulation of the export, you cannot change the space key on import. You might want to consider using Confluence Command Line Interface to copy a hierarchy (or all) of pages from another space (consider them "tempates"). Use the copyPage or copySpace action. This also allows you to do easy do some findReplace of text. You can set some default space permissions to get started as well. For download only: optionally, use the Confluence CLI Plugin to make it easier for an administrator to do this within Confluence.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events