Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting legacy editor

Trello iCloud Two July 10, 2022

Hi Atlassian Team, would you please enable legacy editor for my site? 

My site: https://pertinent.atlassian.net

Thank you so much!

2 answers

1 accepted

Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2022

Hi @Trello iCloud Two 

Hope you are doing well!

I'm checking internally if we can have the legacy editor enabled for your instance.

• It will not remove the current editor template. The current editor will still be the default one, and the legacy one will show as an option to create new pages;
  • This template does not affect templates creation: they will keep using the current editor when creating new templates or creating pages from templates;
  • This will not revert existent pages created with the current editor to the legacy editor;

Also, here are some pages you may find additional information: Confluence Editor Roadmap, Page Conversion Tool.

Based on the information above, we just need to confirm if you still want to have the legacy editor template enabled for your instance.

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns. :) 

Cheers,
Jessica

Trello iCloud Two July 15, 2022

Hi Jessica, thank you so much for your reply! And yes, I do want to!

Trello iCloud Two July 15, 2022

🥳

I saw on some other posts that Atlassian requires a reason from the user before they can enable the legacy editor. 
Mine is I want the “section”/“column” feature of the legacy editor where you can drag and move “elements” on a page.

If more reasons or inputs are needed, I’m happy to keep following up after my legacy editor is enabled. Thanks again !

Like Jessica likes this
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2022

Thank you for the additional context on the feature you are missing the most, @Trello iCloud Two 

For reference, we are tracking the additional options for sections and layouts in this feature request:

If you have any other features that you are missing in the current editor that is only available in the legacy editor, please let us know! We'll be happy to hear your feedback and link your feedback/post to the suggestion pages.

As a heads up, we have enabled the legacy editor for your site https://pertinent.atlassian.net.

You should be able to see it when creating a new page, by clicking on the button Create.
After that, you will see the current editor page, however, on the right side, you will see a panel where you can chose templates. 

Once you see the text box, start typing Legacy, you should see the legacy editor blank template:

legacy_template_blank.png

Click on it and you should be able to see the page changing!

Let me know if that works for you. :) 

Cheers,
Jessica

2 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2022

@Trello iCloud Two Welcome to the Atlassian community

I will escalate to Atlassian support and they should be able to help you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events