Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting Legacy Editor due to Word importing options are not available in new one.

Kfir Wolfson November 17, 2020

Hello,

I could not find how to customize the Import Word Document action. I'd like to Split by Headings to different pages but I cannot find this option in the new Editor.

According to this support page, it should be possible in the new editor.

If it is, can you please explain how to do it.

If it is not available in the new editor, can you please assist in changing to the Legacy Editor at least until the new editor supports it?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2020

Hello @Kfir Wolfson!

You will be able to select the split by heading option after clicking the “Import” button:

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 14.32.04.png

After you click the “Import” button, this is the screen you will be presented with:

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 14.31.49.png

I hope this answers your needs!

Kfir Wolfson November 18, 2020

Thanks, but that is not the UI I see.

See screenshots below. I think this is because we are in the New Editor.

There are no options, just a file chooser and progress bar... 

2020-11-18_22h11_43.png2020-11-18_22h12_14.png2020-11-18_22h12_20.png

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 23, 2020

Hello there again!

Alright, so it is now clear that you are using the new import feature that has been released recently.

This has been fully rolled out on November 6th and you should still be able to access the older method that I described here for at least 30 days after the complete rollout of this new method:

Some of you might be familiar with the previous Import Word Document feature as seen in the screenshot below. This will continue to exist for some time, at least 30 days after the 100% rollout date, to ease the transition.

Here is the link to the blog post here in our Community:

I believe that sending your feedback to the team behind this new feature would be the ideal approach to the current situation!

Edit: Forgot to send you the documentation on how to use the older method! Here it is:

Let us hear from you!

Like Kfir Wolfson likes this
Kfir Wolfson November 23, 2020

Thanks! This is what I was looking for. I found the feature under "Advanced details" menu, which I admit I did not look into until now.

Since the new import feature is still in BETA and does not have all this functionality, will the older method remain to exist until the new import catches up?

2020-11-23_20h54_46.png

Kfir Wolfson November 23, 2020

P.S. how do we send Feedback to the Team in charge if this feature?

Thanks

Kfir

Diego
Atlassian Team
November 26, 2020

Hey there @Kfir Wolfson! I was going to say to that you can share your feedback on the thread that that I shared earlier:

But I saw that you already did that! Thank you very much for taking part on this.

Like Kfir Wolfson likes this
Kfir Wolfson November 26, 2020

Thanks Diego for all your help!

Like Diego likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events