Removing labels from page

Rain November 14, 2013
I created a copy of existing page which had one label 'label1'. In this new copy page I'm tying to delete label1 and add label2. It is removed and showing only 'label2'. When returning to same page later it still has label1 and label2. label1 is back and I can remove it for a moment, but it is coming back. Initial page was created long time ago from template which had label1 label, but this template does not exists anymore. What makes label1 coming back? When I create a new page from create button then labels work properly. Any ideas what can cause this or how to fix it?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2013

Hello Rain,

I could find another question that had the same symptom that you are having (removing a label and the label keeps in the page).

This is the case: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/41759/unable-to-remove-label-from-confluence-page

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

1 vote
Rain November 17, 2013

Hello Rodrigo,

Thanks for your help. Im not sure it is connected to same problem, but from there I got idea to turn off plugins. After doing that it was fixed. This was caused by Page properties macro where label was set to label1. Now every time when I remove label1 and add label2 macro seems to add label1 back. Fortunally this macro parameter is not a must and after removing it it does not come back. Not sure if it is a feature or bug, but definitely solved my problems with labels. Thanks for giving me this hint :)

0 votes
Brittany Reith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 18, 2013

I am also having this issue. I will remove a label, but it seems whenever someone goes back to view that page, the original label gets added back. It's a little frustrating, considering we use the labels to organize our active projects on Confluence. We cannot remove the macros as we use them as well. Is there another way to fix this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events