Remove login redirect to crowd server

Dustin Metcalf June 9, 2021

A while ago we setup a crowd server for SSO login for our Atlassian stack. It didn't end up working, so we disabled it and went back to using Jira as the user directory. I was able to remove the crowd server system from Jira, but even after removing all traces in Confluence I still get redirected to the SSO login server which no longer exists.

I have followed the instructions here https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/reverting-from-crowd-or-jira-applications-to-internal-user-management-188086.html as well as other places telling me to remove the crowd server from cwd_directory in mySQL as well as other traces found in multiple locations throughout the DB. Even after doing all this and restarting the confluence server I'm unable to get to a good login page and instead keep being redirected to the old Crowd server.

1 answer

0 votes
Matt Wilks
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 30, 2021

Did you revert your seraph-config.xml and move the crowd.properties file (on the Confluence Server, I think it's in the <install dir>\confluence\WEB-INF\classes dir) ? I'd have to dig deeper on my Dev instance, but that's what I would do as a next step, if you changed those when implementing the Crowd SSO.

Are you using SAML?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events