Related to pages

Harishraj Subburaj
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 2, 2024

For free we can use upto 2gb file storage right? if im creating multiple pages it will increase the storage size or only attachments only consume the storage

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2024

Hi @Harishraj Subburaj 

a) Everything counts

b) unless you go crazy with large attachments and videos, you should be fine.

I have about 4-5 thousand pages in my Confluence, with large screenshots, and assorted attachments, a couple of videos. A couple of big apps. I'm on 8GBs.

You can check your storage at any point (the screenshot is from a different Confluence :) )

2024-07-02_17-05-37.png

With a bit of best practices, you can go a long way:

• delete unused attachments
  • purge you trash on regular basis
  • do not create spaces if you don't have to - if you delete a space, remove it from trash
  • optimize your attachments (screenshots)
  • use iframe macro to embed videos and presentations (you can store them on YouTube or Google Drive)

Hope this helps.

Harishraj Subburaj
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 2, 2024

Thanks for letting me know, i understood now.

Like Kristian Klima likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2024

Hi @Harishraj Subburaj ,

Welcome to the community !!

Storage includes pages, attachments and backups also. 

I suggest to disable backup if it is enabled. 

Please note: 

1. When you reach storage limits for your Confluence plan, you'll either need to upgrade to a higher plan or remove content that is taking up storage. If you don't take action within the dedicated time frame, your team will not be able to edit or create spaces, pages, whiteboards, and content within your Confluence site.
  2. Archiving pages that contain attachments in Confluence will not free up any storage. This is because Confluence keeps files to make historical data available to you. To free storage, we recommend deleting the page altogether.

Regarding attachments, you’ll need to delete them from archived pages or delete the archived page completely. Once again, this is because Confluence stores all attachments for version history purposes.

More details in https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/manage-your-storage-usage/

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events