Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduce image size in template

cristin_duerinckx April 13, 2020

I have a URL for our logo which I've placed in the header of a new template (under 'Look and feel'). However, it's gigantic when I preview it. When I click the 'wiki markup' link, it says to put exclamation marks around the URL, which I've done, and then, under that, it says to use the image tag 'width' and 'height' but it doesn't tell me how/where to use those. Do those also go inside the exclamation marks? I just need to reduce the image of the logo, and unfortunately I can't access the actual logo in the URL to reduce it there. I was hoping to use those width/height tags to reduce the logo. Thank you. 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2020

Hello Cristin,

Welcome to Atlassian Community. It's nice to meet you!

If you have a look at the page, Confluence Wiki Markup, you can find the example there on how to use those tags. If you look under Images, there's a table that goes over the wiki formatting for different variables. The final row has what you're looking for:

• What you need to type:
    !image.gif|align=right, vspace=4!
  • What you'll get:

For any image, you can specify attributes of the HTML image tag as a comma separated list of name=value pairs.

Below this table is an example of those HTML image tags. Therefore, you would write:

!image.gif|height=xxx, width=xxx!

You can keep adding more HTML tags if you want to set more.

Let me know if that helps or if you have any trouble!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events