Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirect to confluence cloud instance and avoid login screen

Rahul Jain August 17, 2022

We recently started using cloud instance of confluence for our application. Before that we used to use "Login through URL" for auto logging in our application users to confluence without promoting login screen, but looks like that is not possible with cloud instance.

FYI: This confluence space is restricted for anonymous user and we can not create separate atlassian user for every application users of us.

I have created a user in Atlassian with access to this particular confluence space. How can I authenticate through my application (in background) so that when my application user clicks on the button he should able to see the Confluence space in his browser.

I came across basic-auth-for-rest-apis, just wanted to know is it possible to use this for bypassing login and redirecting to confluence space, if yes how and if no what are the others ways to achieve this functionality.

1 answer

0 votes
Fanny Tastet January 24, 2023

Hi Rahul, 

I am super happy to come across your question since I have the same question and can't find the answer anywhere :'(

Did you manage to authentificate through your application ? If yes, how did you do ? And one additionnal question: you are only using one Confluence account to connect via your application ? Then all users of your application can connect simultaneously to the same Confluence account ? 

Your answers would be very helpful for me :) we are just starting to use Confluence and we also want to open it through another software, as a "help button". But then so far there are still more questions than answers on how to achieve this.. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events