Recurring Crash of Confluence

Armin Hüneburg September 19, 2017

Our Confluence setup was stable during the first few weeks but maybe a month ago it started to crash. At first it was once per week but now it is every second day. According to the logs, there are some job runners missing but I don't know whether they can cause confluence to crash. These include (not necessarily complete):

• amqJobRunner
  • 24ec482d-9c69-43bd-bcdf-13e619147a0c-CrowdDirectorySynchroniserJobRunner
  • confluence.extra.webdav:confluenceDavSessionInvalidator
  • confluence.extra.webdav:contentJobQueueExecutor
  • com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-daily-summary-email:summaryEmail

Last 2,000 lines of log (includes restart of confluence): https://pastebin.com/ndzveErR

The crash occurred between 00:16:06,201 (last log entrance) and 9:50 (someone messaged me that confluence is not reachable)

Given the regularity of the log entrances I guess that 00:16:06,201 or some error in its vicinity was responsible for the crash.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2017

Hi Armin,

Thanks for the log and detailed description.

Theory

My theory is that you may have migrated from Cloud, and the automatic backup job was migrated from Cloud but is not compatible with the server instance. The automatic backup was the last job to fail before the restart:

2017-09-19 00:16:06,201 ERROR [Caesium-1-1] [scheduler.caesium.impl.CaesiumSchedulerService] executeClusteredJobWithRecoveryGuard Unhandled exception during the attempt to execute job 'amq-ProgressAwareTaskService:com.atlassian.ondemand.backupmanager.longrunning.SiteExportTaskRunner9118ced6-123a-4d02-ac92-677382efe6c8'; will attempt recovery in 60 seconds

Recommendations

I look forward to hearing how it goes.

Thanks,

Ann

Armin Hüneburg September 19, 2017

Thank you for your help.

It seems to have worked (although automatic backups were already disabled...). While the log was cluttered with many exceptions, none were logged during the past 20 minutes. I hope this DB cleanup helps...

Thanks again.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2017

I am glad Confluence appears to be stable now.

If there is another crash we can dig more deeply into the logs and configuration files, so please keep us posted.

Armin Hüneburg September 20, 2017

Ok, thanks again for your help. It is stable now, there are no more log messages about missing job runners and it didn't crash.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events