Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover access to confluence

dgullo September 10, 2020

I thought I had already registered for a free confluence space on the cloud service such as

DOMAIN.atlassian.net

When I try to go to the confluence on that domain it says my accounts do not have access. 

Is it possible to check with someone on how to recover access to this space?

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2020

Hi @dgullo 

I can see that your account does have a Confluence Cloud site on diegogullo.atlassian.net.  However your gmail account is currently the only user on that particular site.  I think I can see what is happening here.  Your account is only a member of the site-admins group, and no other groups at this time.  I can't see your product access settings, but it could be that your own account does not yet have product access to Confluence yet.  This would explain why you cannot login in the conventional sense.

But the good news is that this is something you can correct yourself.  In order to do this though, you would need to login to https://admin.atlassian.com On this site you should then be able to click into the administration setting here for Product access.

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 1.34.53 PM.png

The product access page can at least show you which group(s) grant application access for Confluence.  By default I expect that you at least have a confluence-users group here. You'll then want to click the Groups link here to make sure that your account is a member of that confluence-users group (or any other group that grants access to Confluence).  Once you do that, you should then be able to login to Confluence on that site.

We also have steps to do this in Update product access settings.  Try this and let me know if you run into any problems here.

Andy

dgullo September 11, 2020

Hi Andy

Thank you for the reply. I have indeed created this Confluence but just yesterday, because i could not access the bizmate.atlassian.net one. The latter is the space i cannot access with my two accounts.

Is it possible this domain has been disabled as suggested by Brant?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2020

Another cloud site already exists with the name bizmate.atlassian.net.  I can see that neither of your accounts have membership there, but site access is not something that I can grant you there.  Only a site-admin of that site could grant you access there.

Are you sure that is the correct site address?  That site only has Jira, and not Confluence.  It also appears to have been created in May 2020.  None of the other accounts there share the same domain name that you have for that other account.

Looking at your other account, it only appears to be a member of a Bitbucket Cloud free site over in bitbucket.org/bizmate This is the only Cloud association I could find.  In which case, you won't have a Jira or Confluence access for that account just yet.  That account would though be able to login and use Bitbucket there.

I don't see any other Atlassian Cloud sites that this account has access for.

I hope this helps.

Andy

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2020

Can you be more specific as t the error they receive? Maybe even a screenshot?

dgullo September 10, 2020

confluenceAccountHasNoAccess2020-09-10 22-54-48.png
This opens up when i visit {DOMAIN}.atlassian.net ... and I have two accounts but neither work. 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2020

Are you positive that you setup the site and that there is was not a variation to the domain?   If you are positive that is what you setup has it been a very long time since you accessed it?  Did you get any emails stating that it would be disabled if you failed to login?

bizmate September 11, 2020

1 - I cannot confirm for sure, I remember setting it up and writing a few pages . The name is unique and unlikely to be used by anyone else

2 - If it had been set up I might not have accessed it in a very long time indeed.

3- i do not recall or see any confluence emails in my email boxes

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2020

Let me reach out to the Atlassian team my guess is that it got disabled.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events