Random formatting changes - Need help fixing them

Ekta April 30, 2015

I'm new to confluence and learning as I use.

I worked on a document and saved it yesterday. I opened it today and I see that all the formatting has changed. The tables are all over the place. The headings are mixed up.

This was an existing document that I was adding information to.

I've looked in the archives and didn't find anything that could help.

I don't want to make the changes and have the problem recur tomorrow.

Woudl appreciate any help I could get.

Thanks,

Ekta

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2015

When you say "document", do you mean an attachment or a Confluence page?

Ekta April 30, 2015

It's a confluence page.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2015

Ok, well, you should be able to simply revert back to a previous version in the history. And maybe use the compare function to find out what changes were made that messed it up.

Ekta April 30, 2015

Well, I had thought of that. But I don't see an option for it. All I see is the Edit option. That's how I'm editing this document and it happens in real time (which is a pain). Have I missed something basic?

Kay Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2015

On the Tools menu select Page History.

Regards,

Kay

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events