Random code is created when I save a page in Confluence

Sanet Minnie October 11, 2017

When I edit a page and then save it, this random code is created at the bottom of the page in the source code. It is not doing anything but very annoying. A new line is added every time I save the page, so I end up with heaps of these in the source code. It does not happen to a colleague when he saves the same page.

<p><span style="text-indent: 20.0px;width: auto;padding: 0.0px 4.0px 0.0px 0.0px;text-align: center;color: rgb(255,255,255);z-index: 8675309;display: none;cursor: pointer;">Save</span></p>

Has anyone seen this before and how can i fix it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2017

Sanet,

Is this happening for you in one specific browser? If you were to test with your user on a whole other computer or browser, does it continue to happen?

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Sanet Minnie October 15, 2017

Hi Shannon,

I have checked, and seems to only happen when I use Firefox. My colleague also uses FF, so it must be something in my installation that is causing this. If I log in on another person's computer and use FF, it does not happen.

This is giving me a starting point. Thank you for your help.

Sanet Minnie October 15, 2017

I have found the culprit. It was the Pin It button 1.37.9 add-on in my FF that caused the issue.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2017

Wow, good catch! Thank you for sharing those details with us, should anyone else run into the same issue.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events