Questions about the inclusion library when using the documentation theme

Deleted user May 4, 2016

Hi,

1. What is the quickest way to add images to the inclusion library - looking for shortcuts when editing pages.
  2. What is the quickest way to add an image that is attached to the inclusion library pages to a Confluence page? - looking for shortcuts when editing pages.

Using Confluence 5.8.4 - Thank you. 

1 answer

0 votes
Giles B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2016

Hi MaryAnn,

I'm not totally confident I understand what you're after, but here goes.

Quickest way to add images to a page in edit mode is to drag them onto the page. Alternatively, when you're viewing a page, go to ellipsis.png > Attachments and drag the images in there.

To add an image to a page, type ! in the editor and part of the file name, then select the file from the list. 

Deleted user May 5, 2016

Hi - Thank you for the response but what I was looking for are shortcuts to adding images to the inclusion library when editing a page. For example,

1. I am editing a Confluence page - I have an image that I want to add to the inclusion library for content reuse and then add it to my confluence page. Is there a way from inside the edit page to add the image to the inclusion library - I do not want to have to go to the inclusion page, attach the image and then have to go back to edit the page to add the image to the page. 
  2. Also, when I want to pull an image from the inclusion page to add it to a page - I have been using !_Icons^  followed by the name of the image! - but I keep getting unknown attachment when I do this when editing a page. If I open the wizard, I have to select  search other pagesthe current space, type in the name of the inclusion library page, then search for the image on that page before hitting insert. Looking for shortcuts for this whole process.

Please let me know if you need further clarification. Thank You. 

Giles B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2016

Hi MaryAnn,

I'd say the answer to number one is that there's no easier way to do this, with the possible exception of creating an add-on that can add the attachment via the REST API.

Not sure why you're getting an unknown attachment when using !; you should be able to search and add the image using the shortcut.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events