Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public confluence pages

IT Support April 4, 2014

I have confluence for our internal documentation, but we want to create a public confluence site for FAQ, HowTos, etc. Is there a way to easily link two confluence instances, or transfer articles?

Or, can someone help me think through how I can expose just a certain space to the public while the rest is protected?

Thanks,

Christian

4 answers

1 vote
salehparsa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2014

Hi,

I understand you are looking to have a specific space for anonymous users, and preventing them from accessing other spaces. You'll need to grant permissions for anonymous access on a specific space. Here's how:

Here I assume that you have two spaces. Space A for your authenticated user and space B for your Anonymous users.

1. First of all anonymous users must have "can use" permission over a global permissions.

• Open the Confluence Admin, go to the Global Permissions.
  • Edit Permissions.
  • Grant "can use" to Anonymous.

2. Here you need to grant permission to anonymous on Space B and remove the Anonymous view permission on space A

• Open the Confluence Admin, go to the Space Permissions.
  • Select Manage Permissions of Space A
  • Edit Permissions
  • Unselect all the permissions of Anonymous
    • Please make sure that you removed the Anonymous Access Permission from all other spaces. If any other space has anonymous access permission, anonymouse can access that spaces.
  • Save All
  • Go back to your space permissions
  • Select Manage Permissions of Space B
  • Remove the permissions of "confluence-users" group by Edit Permissions.
  • Edit permissions of Anonymous and grant permissions

You can refer to Setting Up Public Access documentation for more information about granting public access to a space. I would also recommend you to take a look at Space Permissions Overview.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Cheers,
Saleh

0 votes
Deleted user March 11, 2020

Hi Christian,

We also have a solution for the spaces which you want to make public, to turn them into a help center. Take a look at Scroll Viewport: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211636/scroll-viewport-for-confluence?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview

It's currently available on Server and Data Center, but the Cloud version of the app will be released very soon. You can sign up here for updates if you're using Cloud now: https://www.k15t.com/software/scroll-viewport/scroll-viewport-for-confluence-cloud

Gabriella

0 votes
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2015

Hi @IT Support,

We had a similar need - we wanted to use Confluence for collaborating on content yet point customers to a branded website (including our domain name).

Last week we released Instant Websites for Confluence to improve the experience when our customers browse product documentation. Traditionally, customers would browse our documentation direct on Confluence (arijea.atlassian.net). We found the page load time problematic and the mobile style less than ideal.

With Instant Websites our documentation is automatically converted from a Confluence space to a static, mobile responsive website. That is then deployed to Amazon Web Services. 

In short, with Instant Websites for Confluence Cloud every time a customer wants to read the documentation they get it immediately, regardless of the device they are on. 

I thought it may be of use. If so, I would love any and all feedback on how we can improve the product.

Cheers,
Nick

cc/ Bob Swift as I would love for you to use Instant Websites as well. 

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 5, 2014

You really have 2 questions here. I will answer the one about having 2 Confluence instances and transferring pages between them.

Confluence Command Line Interface provides easy ways to copy pages to another instance. Use one of the copy actions like copyPage or copySpace to copy a set of pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events