Public access

John John December 21, 2015

I have set up Global permission to allow anonymous access and have set up a space to allow anonymous access.

However, whenever an anonymous user visits the site and requests this space, the log in screen is displayed and he cannot get access.

Does the anonymous user need to enter a special URL?

Is there something else I need to do in the set up process?

Thanks,

John Hoore

4 answers

0 votes
Attila Gaspar [META-INF] December 29, 2015

Hi John,

Install the eval version of Ultimate Permission Manager addon, and it will explain you what is wrong with the permission settings for anonymous.

After installation go to the space admin, Space Tools --> Permissions --> Effective User Permissions and here you can check the anonymous access.

Best regards, Attila

0 votes
John John December 23, 2015

Thanks for the suggestions.  I have set Anonymous access at both a Global and a Page level but still the public cannot access the site.

Could you please tell me how to check if the URL is public.

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2015

Hey John, Check if your URL is public, then check in Global Permissions if anonymous can access and use Confluence and later check for any restrictions defined on that space.

If editing/viewing restrictions are specified on a parent page, a child page gets affected as well for users who don't have access for parent page.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Chander Inguva

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2015

Are you spesified sertain permissions for anonimous user into the space? Namely it is requared to specify that an anonim is allowed to view all pages. It works for us.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events