Public Announcement Service

Cheryl Schmelzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2013

I am a Confluence administrator, but when I try to configure a PAS, I get a 403 Forbidden error. Do I need additional permissions to use this plugin? Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2014

In case anyone reads this later we found out that the public service banner in OnDemand is for Atlassian use, hence Cheryl did not have access.

0 votes
Brian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2013

Hi Cheryl,

No, you don't need additional permissions to use the plugin. Do you see that 403 Forbidden error when you try to submit a new PAS, or when you clck on the link to get to the configuration screen?

Cheers,

Brian Tom

Cheryl Schmelzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2014

Thanks for the response, Tom. I get the error message immediately after clicking on the link to get to the configuration screen.

Cheryl Schmelzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2014

I continue to get the forbidden error when attempting to configure an announcement. Can you tell me if this is a common error in OnDemand instances? The public announcement feature would be extremely valuable to us when situations like today with the Questions add on being down. thank you.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
January 13, 2014

So you can get to all of the administrative screens in JIRA except the one for the PAS?

Cheryl Schmelzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2014

Yes. I can get to all other screens. Thx

Cheryl Schmelzer
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2014

I also submitted a support ticket: https://support.atlassian.com/browse/JST-85671

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events