Protecting template content

Reza Modaresi October 11, 2016

Anyone knows how to protect template content in confluence? I just want users to be able to edit only the variables, without changing the fields.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2016

Short answer, no.

Keep in mind, that when the template is used and the page is created, it becomes disconnected from the template and is just like any other page, where everything is available for edit by everyone with permissions to edit.

Even using a form plugin like ConfiForms, which does keep the fields and field names secure, still creates an editable page that can be altered. Though you could configure it to save the page in a read-only space and that would maintain your data.

Otherwise, the only suggestion I have, is to play with graphics for field names as that would take serious conscience effort to change.

0 votes
Reza Modaresi October 13, 2016

Thanks @Milo Grika. Can you tell me how can I configure the forms to be saved as read-only?

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2016

With ConfiForms (and perhaps other form add-ons) you can specify a different space in which to create the page. Just set the permissions for that space to just View.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events