Prompt user to add labels before creating new page from template

lenny.vaknine January 29, 2020

Hi Everyone 

I have created a new template based on the built in How-To template, however I have two issues I am unable to solve. 

1. Under "Related Articles" how do I have it show other articles of interest in the same way the How-to article does ( I believe its based on labels) 

2. How do I add a prompt for users to manually enter in lables as they are creating pages from this template? 

Both of these work out of the box with the "How-To" template / blueprint. 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 31, 2020

Hello Lenny,

Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you.

1. The Related Articles is indeed based on labels. See Use Labels to Organize Your Content for more details.
  2. When you create a template, you're able to add default labels to the template so that they will be applied when you create a page from that template. Otherwise, it's not possible to prompt people to add their own labels. My recommendation would be to use the Instructional Text in the template to let your team know this. That text won't appear in the page that is created from the template, it's only there to help your team fill out the template as required.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events