Prompt a Draft Save? Draft Save Interval?

Is there a hotkey or some other method to save a draft of a page while working on it? Otherwise, what is the automatic draft save interval?

4 answers

1 accepted

There is a way to trigger a draft. Hit Preview. This always saves a draft as long as you have changes.

Also note that there is a bug at the moment with displaying the Draft Saved message. It only shows up on large browsers: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-30746

Thanks. In addition, there is no way to elect to save a draft. Here is the feature request for that ability: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-1632

1 vote
Davin Studer Community Champion Sep 11, 2013

Looking at the AJS API I see AJS.Confluence.Editor.Drafts.save(); You might be able to hook into that and code your own button.

Hi,

don't know why but the command mentioned above and also this version...

AJS.Confluence.Editor.Drafts.save({ forceSave : true }); // c.f. editor_plugin_src.js

...does not work, I always get "Error saving draft". Any ideas?

0 vote
Davin Studer Community Champion Sep 10, 2013

This is totally not ideal, but you could set your interval low, and then just close the browser tab without hitting save or cancel to "save a draft".

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

71 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you