Problems with publishing changes on Confluence

Ken Chan January 28, 2021

hi,

I have been trying to create and edit content under a child page on Confluence Cloud yesterday.

When I tried to publish the changes, Confluence kept saying your work is safe but I need to "refresh the page and re-try publish again".

I followed the instructions but the same error appeared. After a hundred tries, the new child page was created. However, I am still getting the same error with saving and publishing new content under the child page. I could not make further changes.

The problem still persists as of this morning.

I am really stuck. I cannot share my work (changes) with my stakeholders. Also, I don’t know if my work was truly saved.  Please help!

3 answers

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2021

Hello there!

According to our Status Page, we have some instability yesterday but it should all be ok right now:

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 13.34.55.png

You can check Confluence statuses right here:

Status Page - Confluence Cloud 

The previous thread where we had a similar case is here:

Problems with publishing changes on Confluence 

Let us hear from you!

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 28, 2021

Hello @Ken Chan ,

The Message you are encountering:

Your work is safe, but there's an issue

Refresh the page, and click publish again.

Occurs when you are trying to publish a page that already has the same title as another existing page.  Change the page title and you should be good to go.

Additionally, we have the following bug in place tracking progress on getting the generic error message updated to reflect the page title conflict, opposed to the current message, please add yourself as a watcher if you would like to receive updates on the status of the request:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-71477

Regards,
Earl

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2021

@Ken Chan  I would suggest submitting a support issue to Atlassian.   https://support.atlassian.com/contact/   I will also escalate this issue as others are also reporting.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events