Problems exporting pages.

phisa January 9, 2023

Hello.

Our company is going to be separated, so we are going to transfer the existing page to a new confluence account.

However, if you save the page as a WORD file or PDF file and then load it back to the page in Confluence, the GIF (animation) is not played, but rather saved as PNG. Other forms do not display the same.

Is there any way to recall the same as the existing form?

Please let me know if there is a way to transfer all the confluence pages to other accounts.

Please give me a reply.
Thank you 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

A much better way would be to use Confluence's own transport system.  It can generate a standardised pile of XML that is much more readable to another Confluence system than Word or PDF.

Space Export -> XML can take a whole space in one go (and even with the basic options, you can choose to ignore pages you don't want to transfer).  A lot of Confluence migrations are not technically-minded and really don't need to go through all the conversions to and from word.  Confluence works with XML without having to reformat anything.  People will

• Set up a small handful of "migration" spaces, with silly keys (so they don't risk conflict with keys you want to carry on using)
  • Ask users to move or copy pages into the migration spaces (even if they don't have a 1:1 mapping, you can always re-arrange or re-export later)
  • Use XML export to get a copy of each space
  • Import the XML into the target Confluence as a new space and then move all the pages to the right place (if they weren't already there)
phisa January 18, 2023

The method you told us is much more accurate and convenient, so we are proceeding with the method you told us.

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

phisa January 18, 2023

I will leave a comment again if it is resolved without any problems.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2023

Hi @phisa 

I would recommend exporting / importing the Confluence Space via XML, if you're looking to keep the Confluence Pages' formats, etc.

It might be easier to split the Confluence Space(s) in your source instance, so each Space has only the pages you wish to export/import into the destination instance.

You haven't mentioned what hosting type you're on, but see help pages below that could help with this...

---

Export Confluence Space

---

Import Confluence Space

---

Migrating from Confluence Server to Cloud

Ste

phisa January 18, 2023

The method you told us is much more accurate and convenient, so we are proceeding with the method you told us.

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

I will leave a comment again if it is resolved without any problems.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events