Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with {include} and links

Bruce Schlueter December 13, 2011

Hi everybody,

our problem is type of strange. What we did is created a page on which we included a number of subpages. On each subpage we have one icon with a link to the top of the "master page" and next to it a n icon with a link to the subpage. The thought behind it was that if I am on the "master page" and want to edit the displayed article this link would lead me directly to the page. This worked fine until we updated the Advanced Macros Plugin to version 2.0.31 due to bug CONF-22263 into which we also run.

Now the link jumps to the "master page" instead of the sub page. If I edit the link it shows me the correct link but still jumps to another. If I hover over the link on the "master page" it also shows the wrong link. So it seems to loose the correct link after including the page. It is possible to link to a page which is not part of the "master page" and this link will be used correctly.

What seems to work is if we use excerpt macro with include excerpt. But that is not really a solution for us. I hope I have described the problem understandable. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

Bruce

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bruce Schlueter December 19, 2011

Hi Joseph,

I have raised a bug report but am unsure if I did it correct. The id I received is CSP-73733 which makes me believe I chose a wrong product or so. Will someone at Atlassian move it into the right place or what do I have to do?

Regards,

Bruce

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2011

Hey Bruce, that's fine - you've raised a support ticket instead of a bug report. The support engineer should try to get a copy of your data to reproduce the problem. If they can, they'll be able to raise a bug report for the development team on your behalf.

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2011

Hey Bruce, would you mind raising a bug report for this situation on the Confluence project? I'd like to get one of the developers who worked on the new editor linking to take a look at your scenario - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF

0 votes
Barbara Green December 14, 2011

I asked a similar question (actually kind of opposite behavior) about the excerpt-include macro.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/15521/excerpt-include-macro-and-links-with-anchors

The best answer I got was that it was an issue within the way the page was rendered rather than with the macro itself.

Bruce Schlueter December 15, 2011

Funny is that it worked before we updated the Advanced Macro Plugin. So I guess there is a problem within the macro our that the behaviour before was by accident. ;-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events