Problem with content notifications

C_Dialogues Cusotmer Support July 20, 2021

On our Cloud Confluence site, my users are complaining that they're getting way too many  content notifications. So I found this doc page and set out to fix it by disabling the relevant plugin modules.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-globally-disable-e-mail-notifications-with-page-content-718670714.html

However, all 110 modules under Content Page Notification Plugin have a "Module cannot be modified" tag.

Someone please help.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

That doc is for Server/DC Confluence, a very different thing to Cloud Confluence.

The only way to reduce the notifications from Cloud is to get each person to stop watching pages (there is also a request for people to be able to be able to turn off notifications from @mentions)

Valerie August 12, 2021

Who on earth did come up with that idea? Being able to adjust notification is the very! basic setting of every tool on the planet :D 

@nic do you have the link for the request? I'd like to vote on it, if possible. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2021

I think the idea came from people who wanted to watch pages for changes.  You can adjust the notifications by not watching changes.

I don't have the link for the request to ignore mentions, sorry.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events