Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with configuring the SSL certificate for confluence 7.1.1

Software Operator December 2, 2019

Hello Today, I updated the latest version of Confluence 7.1.1 in Docker and saw that the server.xml file has changed completely, now it is not possible for me to change the SSL certificate easily and in the documentation it is not clear, I would like to know if it is possible Get your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2019

Hello @Software Operator,

Happy to help you with this! In order to use an SSL with Docker, you will want to create a server.xml file based on Running Confluence over SSL or HTTPS. Otherwise, Docker will generate a generic server.xml file and it won't work.

You can overwrite the file at /opt/atlassian/etc/server.xml.j2 in the Docker container with that new server.xml file you created.

Make sure to expose the port used for your SSL connection when creating the container. It is not currently possible to set up SSL with Docker by specifying the parameters during setup.

The concept is the same as Jira, so you can follow this thread from Community below for more information:

Have a look at that and let me know if you have any issues with it.

Regards,

Shannon 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events