Problem: numbered list

Janet Shuey May 17, 2021

When I write instructions that need to be numbered, the list starts over with 1 if I include a graphic.

Example:

1. do this

graphic

1. then do this

How do I advance to number 2?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

@Janet Shuey When I do this, I just start by creating all of the list items to begin with. If you then want to add a graphic between each one, hold Shift + Enter when your cursor is at the end of one of the sentences. This should create a gap for you to enter your image in, but without breaking up the lists into separate lists.

Janet Shuey May 17, 2021

Does this work if it's an existing list with graphics?

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

@Janet Shuey Yes it should do, although it can get a little fiddly as you may need to click just before the image and hit backspace, then hold Shift + Enter to move the graphic to the next line without splitting the list up. The reason why I do the list items first is that it's easier to see where the list has been broken up, but you can do it either way round

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events