Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing new version Plugin Greenpepper

François July 3, 2016

Hi,

I have a problem since a moment with my plugin greenpepper. it appears when i change the version of the plugin and i try to install it. The plugin work but my views are empty because i have problems with some javascript.

If i dont change the version, it works.

So i suppose that there some stuff of the old plugin not removed and still used.

I tried to remove the key in the bandana table and cache plugins folder in the confluence-data but nothing works.

Do you if there is other elements that i could remove to totally remove the old version?

PS: Greenpepper is still an old installation by coping the plugin in the Web-Inf/Lib folder.

François

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2016

Could you tell us the versions of the add-on, Confluence and where you got it from (as it's not on the marketplace, we can't be sure what you're talking about here)

François July 3, 2016

Actually the plugin is now open source and we continue to develop ourself in it.

So the version itself doesnt really matters (i'm just changing it from 3.2 -> 3.3.0, the problem appears when i install a new jar if i change the version of the plugin in the atlassian-plugin.xml file.

My question is mainly if someone knows if there some stuff to remove in confluence to clean totally the old version before installing the new one to avoid this problem.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2016

Mmm, that's quite hard to define.

Confluence can't know what to remove or clean on an add-on removal or upgrade, beyond the absolutely basic "this is an add-on you should load" data, (name, version, etc) which it does automatically.  It's up to the add-on to handle its own data.  So you'll need to get the add-on to do it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events