Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in adding labels to a template (blueprint)

Debra Graham September 1, 2020

Goal:  Add two labels to the How-To and Troubleshooting global templates:  public and troubleshooting-peergfs.  Purpose of the public label is to trigger a Comala Document Management workflow; the purpose of the other label for categorization.

Problem 1:  From Confluence documentation:  "If you'd like all pages created using this template to have one or more labels, choose the labels icon next to the breadcrumbs at the top of the page to add them." 

However, when you edit the template, the labels icon does not appear initially in breadcrumbs.  

No breadcrumb.png

You must first save the template, reopen it, and then the Label icon appears in the breadcrumbs. 

Breadcrumb appears.png

OK, poor documentation on their part but I figured it out.  

Problem 2:  Now that I've found the Labels icon, I click it and add two labels to the template:  public and troubleshooting-peergfs.  I then save the template.

Labels added to template.png

Now I'm ready to create an troubleshooting article.  I go to the desired space, choose the Troubleshooting template and get the following dialog.  I enter a name but don't add any labels in the Labels fields, because I have already added the labels to the template.

Name KB article.png

I then click Create and the article opens for me to edit.  However, the article has only one label--the troubleshooting-peergfs label.  What happened to the public label?  Why isn't it being applied by the template?

Only one label.png

So then I create a second article and this time, when I get the dialog, I enter one label in the Labels field--public

Name dialog with public label.png

After I click Create, the article opens and has TWO labels--it has both public and troubleshooting-peergfs, even though I only entered public in the dialog.   So it picks up troubleshooting-peergfs from the template but not public.  

Two labels.png

Why is it picking up troubleshooting-peergfs from the template but not public?

The same thing happens when I try to modify the How-to template. 

However, when I create my own template (a FAQ template), both labels are picked up and applied to the article.  What is going on?

I wonder if the difference has to do with the nature of the How-to and Troubleshooting templates.  Some of the templates that Confluence provide work differently. 

Some of them don't have that dialog where you are asked to name the document and enter labels.  Instead, as soon as you choose the template (e.g. Blank Page, and click Create, the article opens and you enter the name directly in the page.  This may not be relevant but I thought I would throw that in there.

1 answer

0 votes
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2020

Hi @Debra Graham

I saw that you found and commented on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-38181 

If you need any help with Comala Document Management please don't hesitate to reply here or contact our friendly support team at https://support.comalatech.com

Kind regards

James
Senior Product Manager

Debra Graham October 5, 2020

Hi James, I need some help with this issue:  SUPPORT-8548 
"Unpublished draft version is displayed to users instead of published version"

I tried the suggested solution and it didn't help.

Regards,

Debra

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events