Problem importing a space from my confluence cloud to my confluence server

siebenhofer March 3, 2021

Dear Support Team,

I try to import a space from my cloud confluence to my server confluence instance. The export works fine. (creating the zip File for XML method.

When i import the import this file in my server instance after 6-7 secionds I gat the message:

Import Error_1.pngImport Error_2.png

So indeed I heve there Two usere with different Username but the same E-mail.

Maybe this is the problem. BUT: I cannot change any of these E-Mail adresses.

And by the way, currently it is also not possible to login as admin, and even the user Siebenhofer is in the group confluence-admin, it is not possible to add new users ore delete users.

It would be grat if you could me give an advise how I can solve this problem

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

You need to clear Confluence cache 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

Confluence administration -> cache statistics

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

Rudolf

I am stepping away from my computer for 1 hour. Please let me know how it goes.

Your issue is my priority today.

If flushing the cache doesn’t work I will check more to see if there are any other workarounds.

Best

Fadoua

siebenhofer March 4, 2021

sorry, i cannot find that cache statistics

Dear Fadoua,

it is 01:10 AM here now, and I have also to stop.

I will continue tomorrow.

I think there is something wron with my user synchronization between JIRA user directory and confluence. 

Many thanks so far for today.

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

My pleasure, we will fix it I am sure :)

Have a great night!

just one good news: I found that point to clear all cache

Like Fadoua likes this

i can switch between jira and confluence back and force.

I can add and delete users in jire, but i dont see any change in confluence, and the snchroniszatio always goes wrong. so i cannot do the forst worakround for the import problem you mentioned

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

@siebenhofer  what about deactivating one of the accounts? You won't lose any data and once you do the import you can re-enable the account.

Should we give it a try?

Best,

Fadoua

siebenhofer March 5, 2021

Dear Fadoua,

thanks. Of course I would like to do that. BUT just before some clarification: 

I am quire sure I have some Problem with the synchronisation of my Concluence instance with Jira. I could also not anymore login with my admin account in Confluence. Therefore I already activated the "recovery_admin" as dicribed and that works. Becaouse that user Siebenhofer@sieitmci.com which is the problem during the import is the only user in that confluence instance, as the creating of new users in Jira is not synchronised with confluence anymore. The synchronisation always fails. 

Therefore i am not sure if i can reactivate that user then if i the user deactivate.

I wait for your opion to that captain, and then i will try that.

Best regards

Rudolf

When I try from Confluence to test the connection to my JIRA user directory, I get the message:

Test basic connection : Failed com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: Forbidden (403) Encountered a "403 - Forbidden" error while loading this page. client.forbidden.exception Go to Jira home

I cannot find, where I block myself here in my network. 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2021

@siebenhofer 

Sorry I had an extremely busy day

Going back to your issue. I think we need to work first on the user directories.

Can you please send me a screenshot after hiding any confidential information for the user directories in both Jira and Confluence?

Best,

Fadoua

First: The User Directory of Confluence:

Confluence_User_Directory_a.jpgConfluence_User_Directory_b.jpgJira_User_Directory_a.jpgJira_User_Directory_b.jpg

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2021

Are Jira and Confluence communicating without issues? Meaning you can create Jira issues from inside Confluence and link a project to a Confluence page?

so far i use the navigation between jira and confluence only

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2021

and I assume it is not a problem at all. You are able to create Jira issues from inside Confluence and link projects to Confluence spaces

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2021

Looking at the screenshots why do links show as localhost with some weird characters? Configure other applications doesn't seem right to me

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2021

Will you be available Sunday afternoon?

You can share your screen so that I can guide you

This would be great. But what Time zone.

I am in europe and here it is now 01:25 AM and your time?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2021

I am in the US on NY time (EST)

siebenhofer March 6, 2021

Dear Fadoua,

HEUREKA!!! - Finally could solve the problem now. There was a problem that the access of Confluence to my Jira user Directory was wrong configured - I dont know when this happened.

No i can synchronize the user directories; so I could delete that blocking user.

AND NOW the import of my Cloud exported Space was done successfully - HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!

Many thanks to your support dear Faouda. So there is no need to disturb you on Sunday. :-) 

Best regards

Rudolf

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2021

I am very happy to learn your problem has been solved.

You never bother me, I am here if you have any questions or any other issues.

Please don’t forget to hit the Accept Button for me!

siebenhofer March 6, 2021

Dear Fadoua,

great.

So far everything seems fine. The only one which is still open: In JIRA: Always when i go to administrative functions, I get that message "Somethin went wrong. Contact administrator" But how to find out what the reason is ????

Jira_Error_in_Admin.jpg

Best regards

Rudolf

AND OF COURSE I WILL CLICK THE ACCEPT BUTTON IMMEDIATELY NOW! ;-) 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2021

I am out at the moment

i promise to take a look at it

Thank you for accepting my answer!

Best

Fadoua

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2021

I am sure something not configured properly for the admin account or you are not in the right group.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 8, 2021

what groups do you belong to in Jira @siebenhofer ?

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

Definitely you will need to do it from Jira since it is the one you use for user management.

you can not make the change in Confluence directly.

i changed in jira the e-mail address from that user now. is this enough or necessary to change the username also?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

All documentation is pointing to the email I guess it is enough 

even i have changed the e-mail of this user from siebenhofer@sieitmci.com to rudolf .siebenhofer@aon.at in confluence it shows me still the old e-mail from that user

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

Did you try to clear the cache in Confluence?

no, i didnt clear the cache. how to do this. Doeas a restart of jire halp?

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2021

@siebenhofer 

Please try to follow the steps in the following document, and let us know if you have any questions:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/import-a-space-from-confluence-cloud-967876449.html

Best,

Fadoua

Dear Fadoua,

many thanks for the quick answer.

The link you have given me, is exactly what i have found so far, 

BUT: The strange is; the message is the same! (as I have shown you in two pictures.

By the way: meanwile I have also had a look to the database: The taget database on my server, where i try to import....

Import Error_3.png

Any idea?

Best regards 

Rudolf

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2021

@siebenhofer   Do not make any changes to the DB please you will break the application.

let me check tomorrow morning and promise to get back to you.

It is late here in the US ;)

Best

Fadoua

Many thanks Fadoua,

of course I didnt touch the database; just want to check that table if there are duplicates.

Great if we can follow up that problem tomorrow; (here it is already 05:00 AM and I worked the whole night on the content of this conflence in the cloud.

See you then 

Good night

Rudolf

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

working on it at the moment

great

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

@siebenhofer  Someone already reported a similar issue than yours please take a look at Atlassian recommendation:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Unable-to-import-XML-space-to-Confluence-Server-exported-earlier/qaq-p/1307536

Please let me know how it goes.

Best,

Fadoua

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2021

Thanks; but i cannot rename and not delete that user siebenhofer@sieitmci.com in my confluence. Even when logged in as admin.

I think my user management is linked to my JIRA. can this have an influence?

Is there any other way to delete that user?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events