Problem after upgrading

Hi all,

we are testing the upgrading of Confluence in our test instance: now the version is 5.1, but when I enter in my instance  Recently Updated, the People Directory, Space Activity don't show any record.

We tried to rebuild the index (COntent indexing) , we tried also to rebuilding the index from scratch, but the problem is always present...we need to upgrade to 5.8 but we stop untillwill solve this problem.

Someone can help me?

Thank you!

Simona

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Simona,

Based in your description a rebuild the index from scratch should fix this issue as the index is related to the fact that you can't have the recently updated, space activity and people directory working correctly.

I believe you might have some attachments that are breaking the index. Being that said, can you please try the following?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/How+to+disable+indexing+of+attachments

Then do a rebuild of the content index from scratch again.

This should do the trick.

Cheers.
WZ

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

590 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you