Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent usage of a certain Confluence macro?

Jositz, Michael (Allianz SE) August 24, 2014

Hi all,

we want / need to stop usage of some 3rd party macros. But still need to be able to view that content of pages where this macro was used.

Is something like this possible? Just prevent further usage of a certain macro...

Thanks Michael

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2014

Hi, Jositz.

This plugin may be useful to you: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.confluence.macrosecurityj

I don't know any way to do this without plugins.

Kind regards.

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2014

To my knowledge the macro security plugin doesn't just work with any plugin. A plugin has to be designed to work with the macro secuity plugin ... therefore most will not work with it. Am I wrong in this thought?

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2014

You are correct. See Macro Security Managed Macros for the list of supported macros. There are future plans for supporting other macros - see Provide way for a user macro to participate in macro security.

0 votes
Yagnesh Bhat
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2014

The safest way is to delete/disable the plugin that has these macros, as all the macros are a part of the plugin and I dont think they exist individually.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events