Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent double editing

Michael Hoppenrath October 21, 2013

So in our office people will open a wiki page and wait an hour or so before saving there edits. The problem being is that someone else will come in and edit it before the other edit is saved and change it, and when the first guy saves the second guys edits will lost. What we are intrested in primarily is if we can get a plug in to see if some one else starts editing while we are. If that is not possible then we are intrested in preventing two editors at once.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Masson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2013

Hi Michael, which version of Confluence are you using? There was a bug around merging that caused the behaviour you're describing, which was fixed in 5.2.

We've also made some further improvements since that will ship in 5.4 that further increase the quality of merging so you'll get less conflicts.

I'd also been keen to confirm that from what you're saying, people on your instance aren't seeing the edit message that David linked to at all?

Michael Hoppenrath October 22, 2013

Its more of the fact I'm asked to find somthing from my boss, He wants it more visibale. So do you know of a plug in that will make the diolauge box there more noticible, such as in the form of a pop up or simple max the box bigger?

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2013

That functionality is built in to Confluence. You should see notification that someone is editing a page. Below is a screenshot illustrating this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events