Prevent double editing

So in our office people will open a wiki page and wait an hour or so before saving there edits. The problem being is that someone else will come in and edit it before the other edit is saved and change it, and when the first guy saves the second guys edits will lost. What we are intrested in primarily is if we can get a plug in to see if some one else starts editing while we are. If that is not possible then we are intrested in preventing two editors at once.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Hi Michael, which version of Confluence are you using? There was a bug around merging that caused the behaviour you're describing, which was fixed in 5.2.

We've also made some further improvements since that will ship in 5.4 that further increase the quality of merging so you'll get less conflicts.

I'd also been keen to confirm that from what you're saying, people on your instance aren't seeing the edit message that David linked to at all?

Its more of the fact I'm asked to find somthing from my boss, He wants it more visibale. So do you know of a plug in that will make the diolauge box there more noticible, such as in the form of a pop up or simple max the box bigger?

0 votes
Davin Studer Community Champion Oct 21, 2013

That functionality is built in to Confluence. You should see notification that someone is editing a page. Below is a screenshot illustrating this.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in New to Confluence

How to use Confluence Cloud for stakeholder management

Most of us don’t need much convincing that stakeholder management is important. It just makes sense that keeping everyone in-the-know on projects and assigning clearly defined roles is key to having ...

1,220 views 4 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you