Powerpoint not rendered correctly in preview mode

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2020

Hello everyone,

We have an issue with powerpoints not rendering correctly in preview mode. More precisely, only text characters are affected.

When browsing the page the first page displays correctly :

image.png

But when I click on it for a preview this is the result :

image.png

I thought this was linked to this bug but I installed different versions of java and even upgraded to confluence 7.4.6 but with no success.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

Hi @Antoine Berry 

did you try using powerpoint macro instead of preview? Hope this gets it worked. We had this problem too and got it worked using ppt macro.

Hope this works it out for you too 

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2021

Hi Fabienne,

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, this was unsuccessful too : 

image.png

However I contacted Atlassian support, upgraded to 7.8 on staging environment and solved the issue. I cannot upgrade yet on production unfortunately because 7.8 does not support Internet Explorer.

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2021

Uh.... IE is bad.... did you try out other browsers

Like Antoine Berry likes this
Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2021

I heartfully agree, but the choice to use IE is not up to me unfortunately. However on 7.4.1, powerpoint macro did not fix the issue on any browser. So we are waiting for the decision to change browser to upgrade confluence.

Like Fabienne Gerhard likes this
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2021

My heart is with you @Antoine Berry IE is end of life anyway (thanks to whom it may concern) I made my users getting rid of uploading powerpoints by showing them the opportunity to create easily a video from their presentation from ppt (this could solve your problem your problem too) 

Here's how you go about it:

1. Click on the File tab to show file options.
  2. Scroll down and select Export and navigate to Create a Video.
  3. Select your video settings preference (video quality, timings and narration, video size).
  4. Click on Create a Video.
  5. Choose a filename, saving location and video type (.mp4 or .wmv).

no text - no problems - no ppt the people work on and no DMS in Confluence 🧐

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events