Possible to create a dynamic overview of document owners and other roles inside the document?

Jesper Ungermann Christensen January 4, 2022

Hi, 

Is it possible to create a dynamic overview of Document owners or other informations inside a document? 

I've tried to play around with tags, which didn't did the trick. 

In all our documents we have a field called "Document Owner", which we manually fill in with a role. 
Furthermore we have RACI (Itil) roles for all documents. 
But we do need an dynamic updating overview of Document owners and Raci roles for all our document, so we easy can see an overview of all documents which have our Compliance manager (e.g.) as document owner 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

Hi @Jesper Ungermann Christensen ,

One way to do this is to use the page properties and page properties report macro:  See https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-page-properties-report-macro/ . You would need to have a document owner field as a page property.

Jesper Ungermann Christensen January 4, 2022

Thanks - Thats definitely the right solution.

I'm having some issues with the Expand macro. 
We have these informations inside an expand macro. 
Do you know it that's not possible? Or should I start a new question regarding this functionality? :-) 

marc -Collabello--Phase Locked-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2022

Can't give you a definitive answer, but Confluence Cloud often has problems with nested macros.

0 votes
Sven Schatter _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 5, 2022

Hey @Jesper Ungermann Christensen,

In addition to the Page Properties Macro you might also want to look at a free app by my team at K15t: Page Links for Confluence. It lets you set up custom relationships between pages and other entities (such as other pages or users) via which you can for example define an owner as seen in this screenshot:

image-20211007-121243.png

Hope this helps! :)

Cheers,
Sven

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS