Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to add a column heading for a numbered column in cloud editor?

Bert Roos May 10, 2023

I'm trying to add a heading on a numbered column in a table, using the new cloud editor, but that doesn't seem to work. Am I doing it wrong? Or is this not yet implemented?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2023

Hi, @Bert Roos  - welcome to the Community!

You're not doing anything wrong; you cannot add a heading to a numbered column. It's intended to behave the same way an Excel sheet does; you can't add any text to the corner piece at the top of the row numbers.

2023-05-10 19_50_21-Book1 - Excel.png

You can open a feature request here.

Bert Roos May 11, 2023

@Esther Strom Thanks for responding. I don't think that comparison is entirely fair. In Excel, that column is a very technical one. On a Confluence page, it's functional and it's used to refer to the xth solution option, feature, issue, etc. I've been using the legacy editor since long and pretty much always entered a heading for the numbering column.

As it's about Confluence Cloud, I cannot enter a feature request, but I can and will use the "Give feedback" option.

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2023

Fair point on usage. I've seen a number of requests to bring more Excel-like functionality to tables in Confluence, so I'm just making an assumption about the behavior.

You can still enter a feature request at the link I provided; for Confluence Cloud you'd use the Suggestion issue type.

2023-05-11 18_56_48-Create Issue - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products. - Brave.png

Bert Roos May 12, 2023

The screen you show there relates to a bug. If I select Suggestion, I get this:

Suggestion.png

There's no button to create an issue for the combination of "Confluence Cloud" and "Suggestion". I've used the suggestion to send feedback through the help menu item.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events