Personal space for every user

Ricky Blankenaufulland February 5, 2014

Is it possible to have a personal space for every confluence user?

Think of the Microsoft Sharepoint "My Site" everyone can use. I would like to have something similar for my confluence users to organize themselves and - if possible - somethings share on of the pages with a selected audience.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2014

Yes. Grant the login group the global permission "create personal space" and then the users can go "profile -> Create personal space"

Ricky Blankenaufulland February 5, 2014

Problem was in the space directory the button to create a space was missing. This link in the profile menu was exactly what I was missing. Thanks!

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2014

Ricky,

Every user can set up a personal space, I think from the dashboard, possibly from the Browse menu.

When they do this they have to set it up the viewing permissions. So they can hide it from everyone, share it with a select few, or make it open to everyone.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events