Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Space creation process creates Site Space instead of Personal Space?

Matt Uebel September 12, 2013

As users are coming on board for my site, I am finding a few Site Spaces created, the name of which is equal to a user's name.

My guess is that these users are creating a Site Space instead of a Personal space, but when interviewing one of the viewers, they let me know that they followed the Create Personal Space process, and were confused to find a Site Space existing with their name.

Has anybody had an issue along these lines? Would there be any indication in the log as to which method is used to create a space?

1 answer

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2013

How they create their Personal Space? Space > Space Directory > Personal Spaces > Create Space won't work. They need to click on their avatar on top right, and click on "Add personal space" link in the drop down. If they had indeed create a Personal Space, the same drop down would say "Personal Space" instead.

Matt Uebel September 12, 2013

my assumption is that they are creating the personal space through the avatar drop down method.

One of the users has a very specific name, mapped from AD, that doesn't look like it was typed in, as it would be from the normal Site Space creation process. It looks like it would have been created by some automatic process, like what happens through the Personal Space creation process.

However, the space is ending up as a Site Space.

Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2013

Hmm, that's weird. When you say a user has specific name, do you mean you looked at their Space key? Personal space usually uses ~username as the key.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events