Permissions

Linda Javurek June 2, 2021

Is there a way to open a group of pages/spaces to non-Confluence users that is password protected?

1 answer

0 votes
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2021

Hi @Linda Javurek ,

You can enable anonymous (also known as public) access to your Confluence site by granting the "Use Confluence" permission to anonymous users. An "anonymous" user is someone who hasn't logged in to your Confluence site.

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/set-up-public-access/

Linda Javurek June 2, 2021

Thanks Niranjan.

What I really want to do is have more like a site, where I can invite users that are actually customers, and allow certain ones to see some information and others to see only other information. Does that make sense? I also want them to have to use authentication to access the information vs. having it available openly to the "world".

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2021

Hi @Linda Javurek - You can create different user groups and apply page restrictions.

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/add-or-remove-page-restrictions/

Sarthak_Jain_miniOrange June 2, 2021

Hi @Linda Javurek ,

Yes, it's possible to share a group of Confluence pages and make them password protected. 

We have implemented a similar kind of solution for the Confluence Server recently. Please check this mO Secure Share for Confluence

And now we have planned to implement the same solution for Confluence Cloud, which will definitely cover your use case.
It would be great if we could get in contact! I'm very interested in your input on this.

Please reach out to miniOrange at atlassiansupport@xecurify.com or you can raise a ticket here.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events