Permission within a space only for a page

Rumceisz February 16, 2012

Hi All,

I got a special request from a Confluence space admin: give permission for a user for only one single page but the user must not see other pages in the space. My first guess was to make the page to a Home Page for the space but it was decined because of the strict structure of the parent page-sub-pages configuration.

Can you please give me a suggestion or help. Somebody said that it can be managed but I don't know how.

So specifically this page is a sub page whivh the user has to be accessed but for the parent page not and neither the othet pages too.

Thank you in anticipation!

Rumceisz

2 answers

4 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2012

Hi,

we have done something similar:

- create a group A. In this group, there is everyone who should see the space except the one person that should only see the single page

- Group A and "the one" get permissions for the whole space

- Restrict every "first level page" to group A, so "the one" could not see anything anymore

- Put the "one single page" on first level and restrict this page to group A and "the one".

That should do it, as long as there are no new "first level pages". These must be restricted to group A then.

Best regards

Thomas

Stephanie Fisher June 15, 2018

Hi Thomas,  Just to make sure I understand,  you would assign both groups at the space level.  How do you restrict the pages specifcally to not include the "one"?  Do you have have to go into every page individually?

0 votes
David Peterson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2012
You can't open up a single page from a space, but you can create a page in a different space that the user has access to and use the {secure-include} macro from the Perimeter Plugin: http://wiki.customware.net/repository/display/AtlassianPlugins/Perimeter+Plugin Regards, David Peterson
Mario Murphy January 27, 2020

That site seems dead now, and a search in marketplace for "Perimeter" for Confluence Cloud is fruitless…

Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2021

Use the page include macro or excerpt macro.  you dont need to purchase an add-in. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events