Permission within a space only for a page

Hi All,

I got a special request from a Confluence space admin: give permission for a user for only one single page but the user must not see other pages in the space. My first guess was to make the page to a Home Page for the space but it was decined because of the strict structure of the parent page-sub-pages configuration.

Can you please give me a suggestion or help. Somebody said that it can be managed but I don't know how.

So specifically this page is a sub page whivh the user has to be accessed but for the parent page not and neither the othet pages too.

Thank you in anticipation!

Rumceisz

2 answers

2 votes
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Feb 16, 2012

Hi,

we have done something similar:

- create a group A. In this group, there is everyone who should see the space except the one person that should only see the single page

- Group A and "the one" get permissions for the whole space

- Restrict every "first level page" to group A, so "the one" could not see anything anymore

- Put the "one single page" on first level and restrict this page to group A and "the one".

That should do it, as long as there are no new "first level pages". These must be restricted to group A then.

Best regards

Thomas

You can't open up a single page from a space, but you can create a page in a different space that the user has access to and use the {secure-include} macro from the Perimeter Plugin: http://wiki.customware.net/repository/display/AtlassianPlugins/Perimeter+Plugin Regards, David Peterson

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,803 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you