Permission for viewpagetemplate page

Josué Huerta June 9, 2022

What permission should been enabled for all user can view the preview for the template in the page viewpagetemplate?

Only one user has admin permission. The other users see this page:

imagen.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 13, 2022

Hi Josue,

Could you share with us where or what exactly is this view page template you are referring to? 

I'm asking this because the error message suggests it is a restricted page, so I'm not sure if this is a page with some page templates (user copy the page and use as template) or if it is related to a third party add-on feature.

I have checked the Templates in a space and global level, but none of them have the view template option, only the options to disable, edit or promote.

If the "template" is a normal page in the space, where users copy it to use as template, it can mean the page itself is restricted or the parent page is restricted.

In both cases, the space or site-administrator should be able to see it in Space Settings > Restricted and confirm if there is any restrictions to the page itself or parent pages in the space as well.

For more details, you can also check our Restrictions documentation 

Looking forward to your reply, Josue. :)

Cheers,
Jessica

Josué Huerta June 22, 2022

Hi Jessica

There are no pages on the site in the Restricted section. The viewpagetemplate option is needed for users who don't have admin permissions, so they can only view the template without having to create a page.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events