Permission Confluence

Stanislav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2021

If there is a plugin or a different decision to solve my proble.

I want restriction that only a specific user can see a page inside the space. But user should see only one page that he is allowed to watch and all other pages in this space is invisible for him.

Appreciate any help, thanks.

2 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2021

There's nothing that will do it in the way you are imagining.  The cascading permissions and restriction system in Confluence is coded into the core and you can't just bypass it.

What you'll really need is something that can publish the page without exposing others.  I would look at the apps provided by Scroll and Comala for doing that sort of thing.

0 votes
James Conway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2021

Hi @Stanislav 

As @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- explained, the cascading permissions and restrictions system is something that is core to Confluence. He was kind enough to suggest that an app such as Comala Document Management may help. 

You can use Comala Document Management to define a workflow for your content. You can set different view / edit restrictions for each stage of your workflow. 

If you want to learn more don't hesitate to contact me here or reach out to our friendly support team at https://support.comalatech.com 

Kind regards

James
Senior Product Manager

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events