Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People Directory - How to hide people?

Stefan Reichert October 1, 2016

I would like that users can see only people that have access to the spaces they themselves have access to. i do not want that any user can see all people of all available spaces. How can I do this if using confluence hosted on Atlassian servers. So command lines are obviously not an option.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user October 2, 2016

Hello Stefan, support is able to at least provide a partial fix. Here is the relevant comment on Atlassian's JIRA instance.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2016

You can't do this.  The view of other users is simply on or off.   On Cloud, there's nothing available to change that at all either.

Stefan Reichert October 2, 2016

This is unfortunate. Imho it would be a great feature to let users see only people in their space (optionally I mean, configurable)

Thanks for your response Nic.

Olivier PIERRE May 23, 2018

Still no solution for cloud based Confluence ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2018

Nope, nor server.

Like Olivier PIERRE likes this
Patrick Heck August 14, 2019

How does one turn it off? Been searching for hours to figure that out.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2019

As above!  It's not changed.

Patrick Heck August 14, 2019

That doesn't have a solution for cloud. I literally have to go back on a promise to give a client access because I discovered this problem. Egg on face. Time to look for an alternative. Inability to control who can see who is a disaster.

Like # people like this
Victor Marques Frias May 13, 2020

Hello!

Still there is no way to hide/control who views who.

A default view-only user, with all restrictions, not included in any group, can still go to People and search for all users, where their Name, Avatar and Email are shown!

:(

Marc October 22, 2020

The only privacy option you have as an administrator is to hide people's e-mail. Any update on this issue?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 22, 2020

No.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events