Pasting tables with numerical content in new editor / deactivate markdown parsing

Roman Kreuzhuber December 3, 2019

Since the update to the new editor (Oct/Nov 2019) the Confluence editor now modifies numerical values in tables when copy-pasting tables from Excel. The problem seems to be that Confluence by default interprets values as markdown and therefore converts values such as 0.1234 to "1. 1234" to an enumeration. I am looking for a way to either:

- Switch automatic markdown parsing off 

- Change the default behaviour for tables

- Any other solution so that I don't have to add tables as a screenshot!

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2019

Hello Roman,

Thank you for reporting this. Another user reported the same, and I discovered that it's not only when pasting from Excel, but any single-digit decimal numbers (e.g. 6.4, 3.7, etc.)

Disabling auto-formatting in my editor settings does not appear to prevent the behavior. The only way I was able to get the original values to be retained is by pasting directly into a code snippet. However, it will remove the grid and only display like this:

CleanShot 2019-12-04 at 14.15.27.png

We're gathering information now as it seems to be a new issue. You can follow along below on the following bug reports (the issue also exists in Jira new issue view):

• CONFCLOUD-68744 Pasting single digit decimal numbers in new editor results in numbered list replacing the first digit
  • JRACLOUD-73495 Pasting single digit decimal numbers in new issue results in numbered list replacing the first digit

If you click This affects my team on those bug tickets, you'll automatically receive updates on this in the future and when the issue is resolved.

Let me know if you have any trouble with that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events