Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pasting Content Error

Lea December 13, 2019

Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise 

Browser: Internet Explorer 11

Confluence version: 6.13.7

Hi!

Some of our confluence users have reported that they cannot paste content while editing a confluence page. No matter if they using the context menu or the shortcut ctrl+v the page turns transparent grey and in the center pops up this small window:
image002.png

I've already browsed some questions in the community but haven't found any similar case. 

The error occurs even if they copying one-lined text from the same page and pasting it on the page again. And it is only a problem while using our confluence. 
Pasting works totally fine while using another confluence environment via IE11 (also Server but version 6.9). 

It is also depending on the browser. Mozilla does not produce the pasting error. But with Mozilla are some other problems. So I'd like to fix the bug for IE11. 

The main problem is that I cannot reproduce the problem. I've tried to paste content while using IE11 and everything was good. The user who reported the bug is working in a different department, where the computers are managed differently. 

This is quite confusing because I cannot say whether the error source is our confluence environment or their network host.

Maybe some of you dealt with a similar case already. 

Thanks a lot :)

1 answer

0 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2019

Hi,

is the user using a PLAIN IE11 or did he pimp it with some browser addons? Anything on the browser console (F12)?

Best

JP

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events