Password registered in browser

Magnus Hivert November 5, 2017

How can i block the user password from being stored through the browser (such as Google smart lock). It does not seem very secure.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017

This is a function of your browser, not Confluence. 

There are some javascript and html tricks which attempt to ask a browser not to store it, but they are easy to ignore, *really* annoy your users, and often don't work properly, so Atlassian have not bothered to implement them.

Magnus Hivert November 6, 2017

Right. So as long as Confluence is being handled in a browser, I will never be able to set up the kind of security needed for FDA compliance regarding electronic signatures?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2017

FDA compliance does not need you to prevent users storing passwords.  If that were the case, then you would not be able to find a single web-based system that complies, and there are plenty that do.

I think you need to look again at what the compliance rules are.

Magnus Hivert November 6, 2017

Ok. Just figured that if you need to re-enter your password for approvals (which is required for FDA compliance) the intent was to make sure it is you who approved it and not someone happening to pass by your computer and clicking a button (with stored credentials). Maybe my interpretation is wrong.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events