Page tree is not visible

Shah Baloch September 29, 2020

I created a new space in Confluence, created a new page, and moved some pages from another space to a new space, however, I can't see "Page Tree" from the left sidebar. The only way it'll display the "Page Tree" if I click one of the "Recently Update" page, then I can see the Page tree and pages under it.

When I go to space directory and find the newly created space and click on it, I can't see Page Tree, but I can see "Pages", "Blog" and "Calendar". I was digging in the space setting and found out all pages are in the "Orphaned' pages" section. I'm thinking because of that I can't see "Page Tree/Child Pages".

How I can make "Page Tree" visible when users click on the space and how I can take out the pages from the orphaned pages?

Thank you

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2020

Hi @Shah Baloch ,

It looks as if you gave moved the home page of the space.

Can you please check, if there is the correct home page set in the space detail settings? This should be a tab next to the orphaned pages.

Try to set a new home page to fix the problem. 

Shah Baloch September 29, 2020

Hi @Bastian Stehmann  I set up a home page, and now I can see "Page Tree", however, I still can't see those existing pages. How I can move those pages to under the Page Tree?

confluence_09292020.png

Thank you

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2020

Hi @Shah Baloch ,

you have to move them under the Homepage.

The easiest way for this is to open the "..." menu on one of the pages and then select "View in Page Hierarchy". Then you can drag and drop them under the Homepage.

Like # people like this
3 votes
Tyler Kosaski
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 7, 2023

To update this answer for 2023, the problem I ran into is that I changed the home page and Confluence only shows pages in the sidebar tree that are children pages of the home page.

The easiest way to fix this now is Space Settings -> Manage Pages -> Reorder and drag and drop the pages under the home page you have set.

After doing this the pages should now show in your sidebar.

Holly Kozminski October 4, 2023

Thank you!! So simple, but I could not get there. Thank you for your post.

Max Emski February 16, 2024

Thank you! In my case (feb 16 2024) to fix this go to Space Settings -> 

Manage content: Reorder
Tonie Borchardt March 20, 2024

Sadly, this one did not work for me.  My pages are still hidden and won't show under CONTENT in the sidebar.  Reordering shows them on the same level as Home page, but it's not possible to drag them to a different level.

1 vote
IAM DEV June 3, 2022

For my case, the tree menu is not visible because I changed my Space name and Home page.

Solution:

Space setting > edit home page to any top level of page tree.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events