Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
4,367,611
Community Members
 
Community Events
168
Community Groups

Page properties report returns entries with no values

Edited
B_Miskell I'm New Here Sep 16, 2022

I have Confluence pages with multiple 'Page Property' macros on them.  Some have ID's and others do not.

Recently, two of these pages have been showing up in the 'Page Property Report' macro with extra lines that have no values in the selected columns.  The first page has one extra line with no values and the second page has 5 extra lines with no values in the columns.  Both of these pages have one line with values in the columns which is as expected.

I've tried to correlate the number of macros with and without ID's to these extra lines and I am unable to establish a pattern.

We are using Confluence 7.4.17

My workaround is to filter out the rows with empty values however I'd really like to see it work as it was before when no rows with empty values were present.

Reference these screen captures for examples of the rows with and without values.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @B_Miskell 

In Ranger cabs do you have multiple times the same page properties macro in it ?

I had the issue couple of month ago and noticed that at each edit, the content of my page was duplicated.

 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-59227

 

Regards

Greetings @Florian Bonniec

I did find that issue, read its details and reviewed my pages for duplicated content.  I did not identify any unless there is some embedded 'null' symbols I am not noticing.

It is almost like it is listing prior versions of the same page however there are nulls for the column values.

We have 21 child pages with seven or more 'Page Property' macros (no ID assigned) embedded on them.  There are pages which have 6 or more 'Page Property' macros with an ID assigned which we use with 'Table Transform' macro to SQL join content together for management reporting.

As of now, only two of the 21 pages have exhibited the empty row display in the 'Page Properties Report' macro.

I've even tried to remove the matching label on the affected pages so they did not show at all on the report page then added the label back and still the empty rows.  So there appears to be data it sees somewhere as null for those columns we are displaying.

Thank you for sharing your experience and potential solution.  

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events