Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page in edit mode shows old version

Marcel Plomp (inactive) February 24, 2021

When editing a page an old version of this page is shown instead of the latest/current version. 

• How is this even possible?
  • How to solve this?

We now reverted to an old version of the page and started editing from there. As this applies to a lot of pages we are looking for a more "structural" solutions.

Any ideas?

3 answers

0 votes
Marie-Claude Arsenault January 16, 2024

In Edit mode, (Elipse ... ), Revert to previous version:
Revert to previous version.png

0 votes
Stacy Allen June 9, 2022

We are also experiencing the same issue.  I had previously shut down CE due to another issue we were having with it.  We just upgraded to 7.13.7 (server) and I had turned it back on on Monday.  Now we are experiencing the same issue with users going into a page in Edit mode and an older version suddenly appearing.  This is a HUGE problem.

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2021

Hello @Marcel Plomp (inactive) ,

In Confluence, when we edit a page it connects to latest Published version.

image.png

You can check with others, May be someone restored an old version or , Opened any old version page from History.

Thanks,

Anvesh

Marcel Plomp (inactive) February 24, 2021

No. That is not the case. No old version were restored.

I have a test user available for....euh ....testing. He sees the latest version in the Published mode,. So he is viewing the page as it should be.

When he start editing something totally different shows up....and that is basically the first initial version of the page.

danna deaton April 13, 2021

We had the same things start happening out the blue yesterday.  We haven't done any updates on Wiki recently, so it isn't related to that.  I did find if they click on the button with the three dots next to Close in the Edit screen they were given an option to "Revert to last published" which set the Edit page back to the most recent version. 

It would however be nice to know what caused it to start happening in the first place an whether there is a global fix for it.

Marcel Plomp (inactive) April 14, 2021

Hi Dana,

Which version do you use?

danna deaton April 14, 2021

Confluence 7.0.1 Data Center install with 2 nodes.

We have 7.4.6 Data Center with 1 node (as far as I know )
Can you add a screenshot as I do not see the three dots you describe?

2021-04-13_122501.png

Like Marie-Claude Arsenault likes this

We don't see them in the bottom right corner, unless we are in Edit mode.

AH....now I remember...

I posted this in February.....and more or less forgot about it.

In the mean while we discovered that this had to do with the Collaborative Editing mode. Only when that is turned on, the three dots you mentioned show up.

Anyway, at the time I seemed that too many people had far too many drafts in their personal profile. When those were deleted and we turned off Collaborative Editing, it all worked fine.

Now I have turned CE on again, and I will wait for the first user that runs into the same problem again.

Thank you for the reaction anyway. :)

Nicholas Mati January 11, 2023

At the risk of being an annoying "same here" comment...

I just had a similar issue. The published page was on version 12. Clicking the edit button took me to, I believe, version 2. As previously indicated, "Revert to last published version" restored the edit page to version 12.

Michael August 22, 2023

Has anyone found a cause for this? I see that in Marcel's last post, they implied the probably was too many drafts in their personal profile? Could that really be the problem?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events